Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How Bizarre

Assalammualaikum everyone!

Wow it's the new month already. Didn't even realise Blogger's changed its interface.

Anyhoot few updates of the progress of Still Carvings:


  1. We took part in the Special Olympics Charity Bazaar at the Hassanal Bolkiah Stadium. It was a first for Still Carvings. It all started with a photoblogging trade, then my D50 kinda busted itself so I committed to another hobby - crafting. I have always LOVED giving things I make to other people, especially friends and family, and would usually get asked if I was selling them. I never did think that I would before but now, alhamdulillah, have been given the perseverance to sit and string and weave and braid, etc. Great calming feeling and always feels good to see the end-product. Plus, I just love working on my sewing machine. Makes me sound pretty old doesn't it? LOL! Anyway, sold mostly handcrafted things, made by my siblings and I, and also my cousin. Sold a few scarves and hijabs for my other cousin too AND the best thing was that I love looking at people rummaging through our trolley of Pre-Loved t-shirts and garments. Was SOOOO happy when a very frenchie chic young girl bought my swallow jumpsuit =') Now I know it's in really good hands.
  2. I'm religiously making bracelets (and most recently anklets) during my free time after work. Last batch of hex bracelets were done last night. I am tres excited to show a variety of other hexes that I have for next batch. InsyAllah will share that in Beautiful Faith! (You know, I should blog this in my Still Carvings blog but it's too much work managing a few blogs at once!)
  3. During the charity bazaar my fabric clutches were quite a hit. I didn't think anyone would buy them at first and I made only two! We weren't even through halfway and they were gone! Got a customer who kept coming and when she wanted to get the fabric clutches they were already gone. So now I know what next to sell to you peeps =) 
And that's pretty much it I suppose.

It's another busy month for the whole family as my cousin's getting married.  I can't wait for the dressy part of it though mehehehe.

I'm just taking life as it flows right now. I refuuuuusee to make a Still Carvings Facebook page because I don't want to be bombarded with orders just yet. I'm doing this slowly and steadily. I am at this stage of my life where my career has finally stabilised hence why I sometimes don't have time to blog, craft, sew and go out as much. My brain is constantly on gear 5 and before this I had a serious case of bruxism. But alhamdulillah, I've learnt to take control of my life (although sans teeth grinding, I now snore HAHA) and yes, sure I think too much sometimes but now I've trained myself to give myself a break. Thanks to PS3's Just Dance though, always fun to get 5 stars and imagine I'm on So You Think You Can Dance.

*pukes*

Jokes aside, there are things that cannot be avoided at times at work and life in general, but you just have to know how to handle it. Always keep in your head that Allah will not test you if He knows you cannot handle it so trust Allah in whatever choice you make. I don't believe in giving up, I believe in trying and reaching that limit where when I feel like I cannot go on, I'll just let go yet have closure with. So far, things are great and I am thankful. Sure there is a recent incident that made me think twice about my age against my position but oh that is just a spot of bother, especially coming from a person who is known to make enemy of everyone and never complete his task when given. May Allah help us all from the agony of Hell fire. People should understand that life is temporary - it is merely a gift for us to enjoy, to learn and to discover about ourselves and be close to Allah but somehow people forget how important it is to live wisely.

See, I have gone out of tandem again. That's my cue to stop, I suppose.

Well this still pending: That hijab turban tutorial I promised a while back. Wait til I really have time then I'll do it =p

2 comments:

  1. I love LOVE L-O-V-E my Still Hex bracelets! Can't wait to see what u have in store in your next hex bracelet collections! Do alert me ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey babe thank you so much for your purchase. There you go, an exclusive post just for you :)

      Delete