Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ten Things You Didn't Know About Ramadan

Here is an article I stumbled upon on TIME magazine's tweet. It attempts to share with us the ten things that we don't know about Ramadan. Although I know this article must not be directed to us Muslims but I'm guessing even we ourselves might not know some of these things as well. Click on the link below and you'll be directed to the page.


On a side note, how has your second day of fasting been? I started work today and the office suddenly feels so cold and I'm dehydrated from all the toilet trips that I've to endure. It was a really long hot day too, wasn't it? I walked out of the office to my car and usually it'd feel nice to just sit in the warmth but not today, even on full blast the air conditioner was unbearable.

To top it off, there was an accident near HLD area just now. The other car's front tyre was broken off of its alignment. The tyre, and it's metal clingy stuff, the mechanism that moves the front tyre, were broken and was lying on the road like no one's business. It was a terrible sight and that must cost a fortune to repair.

So brothers and sisters, during this month where food and water are not allowed, we tend to get disoriented easily especially while we're driving. What more when the traffic's really heavy and slow. So my advice is to keep alert! And if you feel there's a need to rest for a while, I don't think it would be such a big deal to just make a pit stop and doze it off. Do not drive if you feel like sleeping, if you lacked sleep, if you haven't slept or something along those lines.

Please take good care of yourselves and think about your family. Nothing is more heartbreaking than not being able to spend Ramadan and Syawal without a beloved family member. So please, extra precautions when you're on the road an remember, when you're tired do not drive or get somebody fitter to drive for you.

I hope you've had an eventful second day of fasting as I did (I guess).

No comments:

Post a Comment