Monday, August 22, 2011

Beautiful Colours of Islam

Assalammualaikum sisters,

If I am not mistaken, it was about a week ago when my cousin shared with me THIS link. It is about a lady who converted into Islam and before her conversion she had always been a believer of a higher power, of a God, of a being that is mighty than us humans. She was raised a roman-catholic and was raised in a pretty strict and religious background. However, as she grew up she began questioning herself and her faith and she knew that there must be something out there that's more than what she has always believed in. If you go to the link I gave you above you'll know how she began to learn about Islam and how she realises that this is the right religion for her - the religion that could really tie loose ends and give the answers to her questions.

Then it reminded me of this one gentleman that I stumbled upon on youtube last Ramadan with a similar story. I have attached the video here in this post and please do have a view. You will cherish being born into this religion and I hope that in time you will realise that there are more that you can contribute to Islam and as a Muslim. What he's doing is very noble and not everyday can we meet with this kind of person, watching his video is enough of a blessing and close enough to meeting this person.

This is one of the many examples of those who went on a ride that leads him to darkness but emerges into light (yes, definitely from an Avenged Sevenfold song). I can relate to him and I was born into this religion. However, I am not going to say I have reached his level of iman and taqwa. InsyAllah one day I'll get there. Being a muslim since birth does not give us the privilege of knowing everything about Islam. I, myself, have a lot to learn and practice.

Without further a-due, please sit back and enjoy the video. Jazakallah. Oh, I should remind you that this video is about an hour long so it's best when you watch it while you're free :)



No comments:

Post a Comment