Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Milo Nutella Brownie

Milo Nutella Brownie

Hello folks!

'Twas one of those random days when I felt like baking something satisfying. I wanted something chocolatey but was too lazy to go and buy ingredients so you know what I did? I improvised. We had two tins of Milo and a new tub of Nutella so I figured meh they'll do just fine.

I think this is the best brownie to date that I've made. I have always fancied those chewy, rich and caramelised top brownies made by people who hate their hearts but have never been able to duplicate their recipes. Well, friends, today I think I might have just hit the spot of sunny eureka because I is very content!

So, to not disappoint with just a picture, here is the recipe for my Milo Nutella Brownie =)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup Cake Flour
3/4 cup Milo Powder
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
2 beautiful eggs
Milk (I didn't measure. I used milk to lessen the thickness of the mixture but not to the point where it gets too runny like pancake batter)
Butter at room temperature. I didn't measure how much butter I put in but it was enough to bring together the dry ingredients (think about pastry making, that's the kind of togetherness I'm talking about here - I seriously don't know how to explain this hehe).
Nutella!

How To:
Bring all the dry ingredients together first. I always use a fork to mix them together and this is always useful once you get the butter in.

So the second step is to get the butter in and give them all a good mix til you create crumbs or a crumbly texture. At this point it shouldn't look like a cake mix yet but it will upon step 3.

Which is this - get your eggs in. And of course mix the ingredients together. Don't try to break the sugar too much as this is the component that may help you create the caramelised top.

At this point you may add in the vanilla essence and the milk. Use the milk in little portions, start with two spoons first, and when you've reached the kind of consistency you like you may transfer the Milo cake mixture into a flat cake pan (the usual that we use to bake brownies).

This is where the fun begins because this was where I got creative with the Nutella. Well not really. What I did was I put a generous amount of Nutella in the centre and sides and then mixed it with the Milo but not enough to make them into one ingredient, get me? Like when you make a marble cake. Yeap.

When you're satisfied with your "art" you may now get the thing into the oven. Of course you have to pre-heat first. 180 degrees and when you bake it, bake it for 30 min.

When it's done, let it cool, slice into square pieces AND voila! Enjoy!

Hope that was easy for you to understand. I, on the other hand, am very sleepy and I don't really know what I have just typed. So I am going to sleep! Talk to you bellas soon!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment